9 Reasons to Check Out a Chiropractic Clinic
If you are suffering from health problems such as headaches, back pain, or plain old stress, going to a chiropractor may be the best thing you can do. They use back adjustment tools and techniques that can do a lot more than put your spine back into alignment. In fact, many chronic pain conditions can be helped by a visit to your local chiropractor. Here are some of the health benefits of getting Chiropractic care:
- Getting regular treatments can help your blood pressure. When a specialist uses a chiropractic adjusting instrument on you, it can have a profound impact on your blood pressure. This is true if yours is too low or too high. New research from the Human Journal of Hypertension shows that this kind of treatment can be as effective as some of the high blood pressure medications on the market today.
- Chiropractic adjustment tools can help with inflammation. One of the main causes of pain is swelling (inflammation). When people suffer from chronic inflammation the result can be chronic pain, cancer, and heart disease. At least 350 million people around the globe suffer from this. Chiropractic treatment can reduce inflammation.
- Chiropractors are great at helping people with neck and back pain. These are some of the main problems that prompt people to seek out care from a chiropractic office. Back pain is very common around the world. It has been estimated that about 80% of people in the United States will suffer from back pain of one kind or another some time during their lives. When a back adjustment tool or technique is used, the results can be the immediate alleviation of back or neck pain.
- Adjustments can straighten out the spine. Many people suffer from scoliosis. This is when the spine is curved in an abnormal way. There are not a lot of things that can be done to correct this problem. Getting chiropractic adjustments can help. When used with physical therapy, scoliosis can be treated and the general progression can be halted.
- It can help with leg pain. The sciatic nerve goes down the back of both legs. Often when there a problem with a disc in the back, pain can radiate down these nerves. This is referred to as "sciatica" and can be very painful. A lot of people turn to medications to help with this kind of discomfort or pain but that has its own limitations. When a chiropractic alignment tools are used on people with sciatic pain, they usually find at least some relief.
- These treatments can help people who suffer from headaches. There are a number of different kinds of headaches and therefore a number of causes. Migraines and tension headaches are some of the most severe and are usually the result of spinal issues or a painful back. When the spine is not aligned correctly, it can cause tension in the muscles and that can cause headaches. After back and neck pain, headaches are the most common problem that brings people into chiropractic clinics.
- A chiropractor can help with neurological problems. Using back adjustment tools and techniques can lead to an increase in the amount of cerebral fluid and blood that gets to the brain. People who suffer from conditions such as epilepsy and multiple sclerosis can be really helped. This area is still being researched but so far it shows promise for people with these and other neurological problems.
- A chiropractor can help you be better at your sport. When people are trying to improve the way they play sports, getting into good shape is a natural thing to do. Pain and inflammation can make that a hard thing to accomplish. Because chiropractic treatments can decrease pain and swelling, it helps people stay active and perform better.
- It can help with symptoms of vertigo. When people suffer from vertigo, normal tasks can make them feel dizzy and nauseated. This is a common side effect of some neck and head injuries. While it may seem simple, this can be debilitating for the people who experience it. Back adjustment tools and techniques do a lot to reduce vertigo.
Seeing a good chiropractor can do a lot to get and keep you healthy and happy.
Share this article: